£30,000 - £35,000
Wheeve is a niche IT consultancy that focuses on integration. Whether it is strategy and architecture, technical implementation and support or operating model change, the experience of our highly skilled team sets us apart. We are a small organisation but we are growing quickly and expansion of our technical team is central to these growth plans.
We are currently recruiting for an integration developer, someone with talent and ambition as well as experience. We offer quite a unique opportunity to train in and deliver against a wide range of integration technologies including WSO2, Mulesoft, Dell Boomi, SnapLogic and Talend. Experience in one, or more, of these would be ideal however we will also recruit engineers who have developed their skills delivering integration through IBM, Tibco, Oracle, WebMethods or Microsoft.
A solid technical background is essential but above that we are looking for client focused problem solver, someone who will analyse requirements, considering all aspects of a situation, to identify the most appropriate solution. You will be committed to investing in the development of your skills with drive and curiosity to continuously learn new skills and investigate new technologies. We will provide training, certification, coaching and on-the-job experience to support this skills development.
Joining Wheeve you will work with a highly skilled team of engineers, architects, consultants and project managers, in a collaborative and high-performance environment that will take your career to the next stage.
Essential Skill & Experience
- 2-4 years experience working as a developer in either a corporate context or as a consultant
- At least 1 years’ experience as a middleware developer covering more than one products (such as ESB’s, API managers, Message broker), working on at least two significant size projects or more smaller projects, delivering multiple interfaces, utilising a range of integration patterns and platform capabilities
- A good understanding of how to develop high quality, fault-tolerant interfaces
- Working knowledge of JSON, XML, SOAP, WSDL, Swagger/OAS, RAML
- Proficient with the use of cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or Microsoft Azure
- Proficient with Linux/UNIX and open source tool chains
- Experience with using a Continuous Integration system such as Jenkins
- Use of any integration test tools including automation and mocking frameworks, such as Postman, Wiremock, SOAPUI and/or MUnit
- Experience with Agile project management tools such as JIRA, VersionOne, Trello etc.
- Working knowledge of relational database design, use of SQL, understanding of NoSQL database technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to produce clear, concise, detailed documentation
- Confident delivering presentations and able to quickly communicate technical challenges effectively to other technical and management stakeholders in a way that is easily understood
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly determine root cause through effective analysis
- Degree educated, preferably Computer Science or other technical/engineering, 2:1 or better
- Desirable Certification in any middleware platform (TIBCO, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, WebMethods, WSO2, Mulesoft)
- Desirable Certifications within WSO2, Mulesoft, Talend or Dell Boomi will gain a significant advantage, Certified Scrum Master, ITIL v3 certification, developer courses attended/ certified
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within an Integration Centre of Excellence or similar shared service model team
- Experience in building production scale, highly-available deployments of middleware products
- Experience in automating the deployment of integration platforms using tools such as Puppet, Chef, orAansible
- Experience with automated build of cloud infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform
- Strong expertise in SOA and related middleware technologies, including API platforms
- Working knowledge of XPath, XQuery, XSD
- Working knowledge and familiarity with identity management and authentication protocols e.g. OAuth, HTTP Basic/Digest, NTLM, Kerberos
- Working knowledge of public key cryptography and certificate management
- Experience with Service Virtualistion software such as ITKO LISA/CA Service Virtualisation, Green Hat/IBM Service Virtualisation
- Experience with WSO2, Mule ESB, or other Open Source integration platforms such as Apache Camel would be a significant advantage
- Technical Team leadership in a DevOps model
- Experience working in an ITIL compliant support team
- Experience with performance tuning integration platforms
- Experience with troubleshooting existing integration platforms
- Highly passionate, self-motivated and driven individual with the growing ability as a team leader and in coaching and mentoring junior developers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong abilities to develop and enhance relationships at all levels with a flexible, pragmatic and professional approach, with ability to anticipate problems and work with incomplete information.
Please note - We are not able to offer sponsorship so please only apply if you hold a UK or EU passport.