£50,000 - £55,000
Wheeve is a niche IT consultancy that focuses on integration. Whether it is strategy and architecture, technical implementation and support or operating model change, the experience of our highly skilled team sets us apart. We are a small organisation but we are growing quickly and expansion of our technical team is central to these growth plans.
We are currently recruiting for a senior integration developer, someone with a deep and broad understanding of the implementation of applications and the infrastructure that delivers them. A strong integration developer, you will be focused on delivering excellence and demonstrating value to our clients. As a senior figure in a growing team, you will be a skilled coach, invested in developing the skills of colleagues and comfortable being the ‘go-to’ person on a day to day basis. This is a client facing role and you will need to be confident dealing with escalations and managing requirements.
We offer quite a unique opportunity to train in and deliver against a wide range of integration technologies including WSO2, Mulesoft, Dell Boomi, SnapLogic and Talend. Experience in one, or more, of these would be ideal however we will also recruit engineers who have developed their skills delivering integration through IBM, Tibco, Oracle, WebMethods or Microsoft.
A solid technical background is essential but above that we are looking for client focused problem solver, someone who will analyse requirements, considering all aspects of a situation, to identify the most appropriate solution. You will be committed to investing in the development of your skills with drive and curiosity to continuously learn new skills and investigate new technologies. We will provide training, certification, coaching and on-the-job experience to support this skills development.
Joining Wheeve you will work with a highly skilled team of engineers, architects, consultants and project managers, in a collaborative and high-performance environment that will take your career to the next stage.
Essential Skill & Experience
- 3-7 year’s experience working as a developer in either a corporate context or as a consultant, with team leader responsibilities/capability with at least 2-5 year’s experience as a middleware developer covering a full suite of products including ESB’s, API managers, Message brokers etc, developing multiple projects including multiple interfaces, utilising a range of integration patterns and platform capabilities
- Experience in building production scale, highly-available deployments of middleware products
- Strong expertise in SOA and related middleware technologies, including API platform
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the use of cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or Microsoft Azure.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with identity management and authentication protocols eg. OAuth, HTTP Basic/Digest, NTLM, Kerberos
- High level of confidence working with Linux/UNIX and open source tool chains
- Good working experience with Continuous Integration systems including Jenkins
- Experience with Agile project management tools
- Working knowledge of relational database design, use of SQL, understanding of NoSQL database technologies
- Confident delivering presentations and able to quickly communicate technical challenges effectively to other technical and management stakeholders in a way that is easily understood
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly determine root cause through effective analysis
- Degree educated, preferably Computer Science or other technical/engineering, 2:1 or better
- Certification in any middleware platform (TIBCO, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, WebMethods, WSO2, Mulesoft)
- Desirable Certifications within WSO2, Mulesoft, Talend or Dell Boomi will gain a significant advantage, Certified Scrum Master, ITIL v3 certification
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within an Integration Centre of Excellence or similar shared service model team
- Experience in automating the deployment of integration platforms using tools such as puppet, chef, or ansible
- Experience with automated build of cloud infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform
- Experience with WSO2, Mule ESB, or other Open Source integration platforms such as Apache Camel would be a significant advantage
- Technical Team leadership in a DevOps model
- Highly passionate, self-motivated and driven individual with the growing ability as a team leader and in coaching and mentoring junior developers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong abilities to develop and enhance relationships at all levels with a flexible, pragmatic and professional approach, with ability to anticipate problems and work with incomplete information.
- A self-starter that is comfortable working within a small team within a start-up culture; able to identify what needs to be done, taking ownership, and delivering results.
- Able to provide accurate estimates and meet deadlines and work under pressure when necessary.
- Willingness to take responsibility for areas outside of their core remit with a reliable, open and honest approach.
It is often said that the workforce is what makes a company, and this has never been truer than within Wheeve. We know that technology consulting and delivery is a challenging field and this is why we are on the search for individuals that are highly talented, strongly committed, motivated and equally passionate about providing exceptional outcomes for our clients.
Please note - We are not able to offer sponsorship so please only apply if you hold a UK or EU passport.